The Unite Instinct pedal, is 100% designed and manufactured in the U.K!
When Unite designed the Instinct pedal they focused on three major parameters; grip, reliability and weight.
To make it light they created a large platform and then machined it to remove as much material as possible. During this process they created lots of small grooves to make the pedals super grippy and then added 20 x M4 pins to each unit. To this mix they added Igus bushes (which are pretty much untouchable when it comes to durability), and added two to each pedal in addition to one bearing to keep them going for longer. The axles - which are also produced in house - are made from EN19T, an extremely tough material, which is perfect for pedal axles. These axles are not only produced with extra length to create better ride characteristics but are also finished with a hard-wearing black anti-corrosion plating. The result a pedal that really is at the upper echelons of design!
- Oversize 113 x 102 mm CNC machined body from grade 6082 Aluminium
- Concave platform for increased grip
- Long axle manufactured in house from EN19T, then black nickel-plated to prevent corrosion.
- Runs on 4 igus bushes and 2 cartridge bearings
- 20 Replaceable pins per pedal provide excellent traction and grip
- Titanium axle soon available
- Weight 440 grams